PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
- We praise you Lord for an awesome CEF training with teachers Deanna and Olu. Thank you for the practical teaching, great fellowship, and delicious food.
- We praise you for the new volunteers who will be participating in our Good News Clubs this fall, partly as a result of the training.
- We praise you that Sharon represented CEF at the “Santa Barbara Sending” missions conference at Westmont College on September 16 and 17.
- Praise and heartfelt thanksgiving for 4 new Good News Clubs, Isla Vista, Franklin, Canalino, and La Honda
- We praise you Lord for our very supportive CEF board.
- God, thank you for the extra office space at Calvary Baptist Church to store our CEF materials.
- Lord thank you for sending your son, Jesus Christ, to earth to save us from our sins.
- Lord, please guide us as we seek to return Good News Clubs to school campuses. Thank you that Hope, Vieja Valle and Santa Ynez clubs will return to the school campuses so far.
- Lord, we pray for more laborers to the harvest. We need more volunteers to lead Good News Clubs at the Lighthouse and Village apartments and the following schools: Harding, McKinley, Cleveland, Washington, Monroe, Adams, Peabody, Monte Vista, Kellogg, Brandon, El Camino, IV, La Patera, Mountain View, Franklin, Cold Springs, Summerland.
- Lord, please bring Good News Clubs to Alisos and Canalino schools in Carpinteria, and La Honda and Manzanita in Lompoc. We pray for the opportunity to present at Reality Church in Carpinteria.
- Lord we ask in advance that you raise up strong volunteers for the coming school year.
- Lord, we ask that everyone who wishes to volunteer in the fall will complete their applications. We pray that their spirits will still be on fire to teach the Gospel to the children in the fall.
- Pray for the Westmont College students that expressed interest in volunteering at a Good News Club. Pray that schedules will work and they will be filled with excitement!
- Lord we ask for wisdom as Sharon Jegottka completes a letter to the Roosevelt School Principal and SBUSD Superintendent requesting the Good News Club back on campus. Lord we ask that you would move their hearts.
- Pray for Sharon as she schedules meetings with the new Good News Club teams.
- Please pray for our CEF Board Member, Rob Schultz, as he plans to talk with Goleta Unified School District Superintendent. Lord, give him wisdom and the words to speak. Give him favor, Jesus!
- Pray for open doors at Canalino School in Carpinteria and La Honda School in Lompoc for a Good News Club.
- Pray for the parent who will talk to the Principal at Canalino requesting a GNC there. She has a good relationship with the principal. Fill her with your Holy Spirit and give her favor!
- Pray for Sharon Jegottka as she brainstorms and plans outreaches for the community.
- We are in the final stretch of planning CEF’s fall golf tournament this Friday, September 23. We pray that God will be in all the details and planning. Lord, please bring golfers who will put their trust in you.
- We lift up our incoming International CEF Director, Jeremiah Cho as he leads this ministry.
- Lord, we pray for the upcoming local school board races – that those elected in the November elections would know you and follow Your ways. We pray for many miracles!
*** CEF runs a special time of prayer for our ministries every Tuesday morning from 6:30-7:15am on Zoom. You are invited to participate by clicking on our recurring Zoom Link. You can also call by regular phone (audio only) at (253) 215-8782. Meeting ID: 832 4187 5870. Passcode: 116827 Thank you, and we hope to see you there!