Thank you for your interest in CEF Santa Barbara!
We hope the questions below will help you get acquainted with us! If you need more information or have additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Who is CEF?
- CEF is a Bible-centered, worldwide organization that is dedicated to seeing every child reached with the gospel of Jesus Christ, discipled, and established in the local church. We are the largest evangelistic outreach to children in the world and minister to children in over 175 countries. Our local Santa Barbara chapter is present in over a dozen local schools and shares Christ’s love with hundreds of children each year.
What is a Good News Club?
- A Good News Club is a FREE, 90-minute after school program for children. During each fun-filled club session, our trained volunteers present engaging bible lessons, games, songs, and more. To learn more about our wonderful curriculum, please visit CEFPress.com.
Can Good News Clubs legally meet on public school campuses?
- Yes! We can meet on public school campuses, just like any other after school program or sport.
Who can attend Good News Club?
- All children ages 5–12 are welcome to attend our Clubs, regardless of spiritual background. Parents are always welcome to attend Club sessions with their children.
Who teaches at Good News Club and other CEF programs?
- We provide trained and screened volunteers to teach and lead the Clubs.Each volunteer submits to a background check, participates in at least 4 hours of initial training, and receives ongoing training and support from our staff.
Is there a Good News Club at my child’s school?
- Over a dozen Good News Clubs meet weekly in South Santa Barbara County! To find out if a Club meets at your child’s school– or to start a Club at your child’s school– please contact us !
My child already attends Sunday school. Should I register him/her for Good News Club too?
- It’s up to you, of course, but there are several wonderful benefits to participation in Good News Club! Your child can connect with other Christians at school, enrich her knowledge about God, and have a fun-filled place to invite non-Christian friends.